Download and install Samsung kies program it contains drivers which we need,
enable the USB debugging option from: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and there check the USB debugging option
1. Easy mode:
Using fastboot and folowing this tutorial
2. Standard mode:
- Download ROOT PACKAGE and extract the content:
- Run Odin on your PC, you can find odin in the package previously downloaded
- Turn off the Galaxy S4 Mini device
- Boot it into download mode*. Note :*( Press and keep holding the next combination of buttons: volume down + home + power buttons simultaneous.
- Now, connect the S4 Mini device to the PC.
- Next, make sure that the ODIN recognize the smartphone, and the ID:COM section should is yellow or blue, also make sure that the “added” message is displayed.
- If not, reinstall the USB drivers on the PC and redo the procedure from the beginning.
- Now, Click on “pda” button from ODIN, browse and pick the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5 file which you got by extracting root pack
- Important: On Odin, make sure that the F. Reset Time and Re-partition options are unchecked.
- Now, click on “start” button on Odin for starting the root process.
- The SGS4 Mini device will be rooted.
- When the root process is done, Odin will say “pass” message.
- Now, disconnect the S4 Mini device from the PC.
- Reboot the smartphone.
- Turn the Galaxy S4 Mini device off.
- Boot in download mode again.
- Odin must be running on the PC.
- Connect the device to the computer again using the USB cable and make sure you follow all steps from next points.
- Click “pda” button from ODIN and this time pick the recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-serranoltexx.tar.md5 file.
- Now, the CWM flashing process will start, and you have to wait while the CWM recovery tool will be flashed on the smartphone.
- When the installation process is done, reboot the smartphone.